I think Sunday evenings are going to be my weekly assessment of how I’ve been doing. We’ll see how long that lasts, especially when life and travel get in the way. But I’m going to aim for that.
Highlights of the week: Having difficult conversations, surviving, winning a poker tournament among friends (I’m now 3/4 for making money, and I finished one away from the money the one other time, maybe I should just go pro), puppy!, First Friday shenanigans, surprisingly productive phone conversations, and a new found optimism about some work related things, random meetup with Imagine Dragons, and hanging with friends.
1) Again, sorta yes. Submitted something for editing/critique to GMP, finishing up an article for DTP (or trying to), and I think this is my second post this week? Crazy talk.
2) It is technically a new month. Haven’t been yet, but now opportunities are coming up everywhere. Was supposed to go hiking yesterday but plans changed, and bailed on a chance to go see Hoover Dam. But the month is still young.
3) Had a really good conversation today with a mentor about what I should be doing, and looking to implement. Also, hoping my workload will ease off after a crazy few weeks/new people coming on board and getting their stuff together.
4) Still working on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective people. But I also read a 360,000 word fanfiction story. Does that count for anything?
5) Doing surprisingly well. I wonder if I can build up credit? Talked to Adelaide, Amber, Elizabeth, and Abby (for a hot second). And am super excited to be going back to Chapel Hill at the end of the month and having Adelaide and James come visit at the beginning of March.
6) Unsure. Know what I need to do. Have the desire to do it. Not the bandwidth. Had a promising conversation though, so we’ll see how that goes.
7) Running around like a chicken with its head cut off means that I haven’t had the time to actually dedicate to running. But, due to a combination of terrible eating, stress, and travel, I think I’ve lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months. That’s sort of healthy, right? I should start though because April 6th is the Spartan Race. And I don’t think it is going to be nearly as forgiving as the half marathon.